NYC Ska Legends Embark on 30th Anniversary Tour!
Thirty years ago a bunch of upstarts ignited a spark on the Lower East Side of Manhattan. A spark that fired the imagination of the American music scene, causing a global conflagration. That music was Ska and the band was THE TOASTERS. The 2-Tone sound re-created in their own image by this unruly group of ruffians synthesized the classic 70’s British sound with east side Punk and rock and is now regarded as being the precursor to the Third Wave of Ska. The embers of the legacy bequeathed by The Specials, The Selecter, The Beat and Madness were rekindled and the Toasters hit the road. Hard.
Five-thousand some gigs later the sparks are still flying and the band is ready to pick up the cudgels once again for their 2011 30th Anniversary tour. Some of the faces may be different but, of course, the song remains the same. The distinctive Toasters sound has recently been hallmarked as one of CBGB’s 20 core bands (Clear Channel Radio) and nothing could make the band prouder than being ranked up there with personal heroes The Ramones.
To mark the occasion of the grand 30th, there will be a special brew Toasters 30th IPA flowing from the vats of SKA BREWING COMPANY in Boulder, Colorado. Following this up with a shot of Jaegermeister they will be ready to roll the Bandwagon across the USA from coast to coast
There has been much acclaim from Billboard, the New York Times, Alternative Press, MTV and many others but the band is more interested in playing for the fans. To that end the group has undertaken missions across the globe, playing from Siberia to Istanbul and back, laying down the tracks for others to follow. According to lead singer Bucket, nothing can eclipse the vibes of a sweaty packed-out club with the audience in your face and the bit between the teeth.
It’s important not to forget where you came from. Lots of bands do that but not the Toasters!
The Toasters are currently sponsored by the following partners: Conn-Selmer wind instruments, Ludwig drum, Jagermeister, Ska Brewing, Pick World, Ernie Ball, Greasy Groove, Reverend Guitars and Instanbul Cymbals.
- Toasters Classic Logo "Transparent Background" [Vector .eps Logo]
- Toasters Classic Logo "High Res JPEG" [Large .jpeg Logo]
- Toasters Classic Logo "High Res Transparent Background PNG" [Large .png Logo]
- Toasters 30th Anniversary "Black & White High Res" [Large .jpg Logo]
- Toasters 30th Anniversary "Full Color High Res JPEG" [Large .jpg Logo]
- Toasters Press Photo 2007 [9.6mb Large .jpg "Bowling Photo"]
- Toasters Press Photo 2008 [4.5mb Large .jpg "2Tone Army Collage"]
- Toasters Press Photo 2010 [9.4mb Large .jpg "5 Piece Fish Eye"]
- Toasters U.S. Line Up 2010 [12.4mb Large .jpg "United States Line Up On Stage"]
- Toasters European Line Up 2010 [590k Small .jpg "European Line Up On Stage"]
Tour Posters :
- Toasters 30th Anniversary "Tour Poster" [428k Print .pdf]
- Toasters 2Tone Army "Tour Poster" [360k Print .pdf]